9.21.2009

photo shoot

Recently we decided we should take our wedding photos in Shanghai. After all, it IS the place where we had met, lived in and shared many memories.

We didn't want a local photog studio, and definitely didn't want to stand outside Starbucks on Hengshan Road taking cheesy pictures we've seen a million couples do. Neither did we want a pricey freelance laowai photographer, or underpay friends. So after researching wedding photographers / studios, freelance photographers and friends, we finally picked one with the right price and style.

Even after enquiries, we still felt that it was too early to take the photos, so we're going to do it next spring.
However, being the little excited bunny that I am, I started daydreaming about the locations and shoots.

These are my ideas... J doesn't know about my excitement and he will definitely think me crazy. BUT BUT BUT i definitely do want to try...


  1. shot on roller skates. I had the most memorable (and well-documented) kiss on our first roller-disco party
  2. next to the wall of graffiti he took me to on our first "date"
  3. shot of us in the Bears' jerseys. he got me into the crazy sport and fantasy football no less.
  4. barefoot in the park (I was thinking Cercle Sportif, Xujiahui park, or People's park) -- think ice cream, bubbles, picnics and bicycles
  5. view of the Bund, taking that old junk across the Huangpu river
  6. cobblestones and alleyways (Taikang road or Moganshan galleries)
  7. jumping shot in a rock concert
what a crazy mix.
i doubt any studio will be able to accomodate that.

1 comment:

::little projects in style:: said...

hi love!!! those ideas sound super cute!! you should totally do it. and those birdies you made looks like a cake topper i wanted to attempt! teach me, won't you!??!?! love you heaps, zhiying